My guest on today’s podcast is Tim Gesink, who is the Market President of Primebank in Sioux Center, Iowa. Tim gives some of his history in the financial services industry and what led him to his current role. Among other volunteer activities, Tim serves as the Board Chairman of the Sioux Center Community School District and goes into some detail of why serving children is so important to him. What’s unique about Tim’s story, though, is how he overcame the odds of growing up in a broken home and was still able to receive a college education, have a successful marriage, and raise children of their own.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of volunteering and giving back to a community. After being on the school board for over 10 years, Tim shares what he believes is unique about the spirit of community that exists within Sioux Center. He shares some experiences of those who have influenced his life and how that has impacted his desire to use his current position as a pulpit to share the gospel with others. We conclude the interview by discussing the value of investing time in others and showing them that you care.
I hope you enjoy this episode of the IMPACT Podcast!
Highlights from this episode:
- Explaining some of the challenges as a banker and saying “no” to some loan requests [5:00]
- Involvement with local ministries and non-profits [6:35]
- What it means to have a spirit of community that values education with public and private schools working together toward that goal [11:00]
- The influence of having a grandfather in banking who used his position as his platform to share his faith [12:55]
- Defining success as: “Did my works help advance God’s kingdom?” [15:06]
- “If you want to impact your community, use your time to help… to volunteer… to show them that you care” [18:02]
Links from this episode:
Primebank – https://www.primebank.com/
Sioux Center Community School District School Board – https://www.scwarriors.org/school-board.html
All Kids Can – http://www.sc-akc.com/
Carmel Reformed Church – https://carmelchurch.org/
Integrated Financial Planning, Primebank, and LPL Financial are separate entities.