My guest on today’s podcast is Jason Moeller. Jason is the President of German Farmers Mutual Insurance Association and is the Owner and Principal of Moeller Insurance Agency. What’s fascinating about Jason’s story is how he had no intentions of following his father’s footsteps in the insurance industry, but felt called to that profession after his father became sick.
In this episode, we discuss what it takes to transition from a career in logistics to a career in the insurance industry. We talk about some of the different leadership styles that Jason has used to develop his various roles within the company and the importance of listening to feedback from employees and vendors. Jason also gives his insights into how to effectively become involved in the Sioux Center community after being out of the area for over ten years. We conclude the interview by discussing the importance of recognizing our impact on those around us and seeking ways to follow up and meet the needs of others.
I hope you enjoy this episode of the IMPACT Podcast!
Highlights from this episode:
- The history of the Moeller family’s involvement in German Farmer’s Mutual dating back to the 1930’s [4:02]
- Challenges in developing Jason’s leadership role and the importance of fostering a team relationship [7:12]
- “Great listeners are wonderful leaders” [9:44]
- “Every interaction that you have is an opportunity to mentor and to lead” [13:55]
- Struggling through losing business for the first four years after taking over for his father and how he turned a corner [18:30]
- The importance of being aware of your ability to impact others and continuing to follow up to help meet any other needs [20:26]
Links from this episode:
German Farmers Mutual – https://germanfarmers.com/
German Farmers Mutual (video introduction) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC68k-Ebvqo
Cain Ellsworth & Company – https://www.cainellsworth.com/
Integrated Financial Planning, German Farmers Mutual, Moeller Insurance Agency, and LPL Financial are separate entities.